Monday, September 19, 2011

Photography Excursion Pt. 2 - Gatewood Cemetery est. 1806

To even out my life of day to day madness with three children, two dogs and a husband, yesterday I decided to go on another photography excursion. To put it bluntly, I needed some "me" time. I needed to go on a little creative adventure. So, I found this old cemetery in town that promised interesting pictures. I'm no expert at photography but there's nothing wrong with experimenting, right?

I love all things old and there's just something haunting about dilapidated tombstones. They speak volumes about grief and no matter how sturdy and permanent something may seem, time will eventually destroy it.









"Safe From All Evil...Infant Daughters"

I love the atmosphere of a cemetery. So peaceful and quiet and on this day, it was cool and a little foggy.



It was amazing to me to see Deer grazing here so peacefully. They kept checking me out to make sure I wasn't a threat.

Mushrooms

Juniper Berries


No comments:

Post a Comment