Friday, June 3, 2011

Inflation

So, apparently the government is saying there's not any inflation going on but this morning I went to Wal-Mart to get some odds and ends...

Paper Towels (Brawny)
Laundry Soap (Tide Free & Gentle HE)
2x Comet
Shampoo & Conditioner (Garnier Fructis because they don't sell the generic anymore, or at least I can never find it)
Bananas
3 loaves of bread
a package of sliced american cheese product
frozen sausage patties

Tell me how this came to $63? My jaw dropped when the cashier told me the total. I looked at the total and down to the cart a couple of times. It's sad when you can't afford the basics. I need to be able to clean my laundry and house. I guess I need to improve my non-existent five-finger-discount skills.

The worst part about this is we are trying to save up $800 for the closing costs, etc on the house we hope to buy. Everything seems so impossible. Every last cent of our check went to bills. It's so sad to be working for nothing but paying the bills. Where's the fun in life?

To make matters worse, I got a collection letter in the mail today under my maiden name. I think my ex used my name to turn on the electricity at our old apartment back in 2003. How am I just now being notified of this $818.41 bill? I called the collection agency and disputed it, then called the electric company and they're "investigating" it. I know I'll probably be screwed.

On the bright side of this day, I reconnected with a very good old friend on FB. It was so completely awesome to get to talk to him again. I've missed that friendship very much. It's good to know that he's happy and doing well and still pursuing his dreams.

I was directed to this website from a parenting forum. It looks promising so far!

http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment